Core Devs Call: 2020 Q3 Hard Fork Proposal Gathering
Topic discussion references:
- proposal gathering and discussion only
ETC Core Devs Call - 2020 Q3 Hard Fork Proposal Gathering
- When: Thursday, August 20, 2020, 12pm UTC, 60 minutes max.
- Where: Ethereum Classic Discord
#ecips channel. Will use/create a voice channel ad hoc.
Topic request pulled from development channel:
- TOP: Network security solutions. 51% Attack approaches.
- Review Ethereum Berlin for operational parity with Ethereum Classic.
- Mining Algorithm Discussion: Astor SHA3 Change, RandomX Change, Ethash remains but DAG reduction, Ethash with no change, defer discussions to a later date.
- Address the remaining blockers to ETC being considered feature complete, start constructing ETC's long term roadmap.
- Gas Range Discussion: Upper and Lower Bounds
- Gas limit, backwards compatibility, slower blocks (probably won't happen)
- Go over any inactive ECIPs, like chainID=π
- anything else?
Anything else related to an Ethereum Classic Hard Fork
Please comment to add items to the agenda.
Documentation of Core Devs Call