ETC Weekly Newsletter : Monetary Policy Update
Hi everyone, thank you for checking out this week's ETC newsletter! Big shout out and many thanks to all the developers, community members, users and investors. The proposal originally submitted by Snaproll is now officially on Github as ECIP-1017. We also have an article from Dr. Seberino discussing the basics of currency and monetary policy. Thank you for taking the time to read and distribute this newsletter, looking forward to your thoughts.
ETC Monetary Policy Proposal by @Snaproll is now officially out as ECIP-1017.
- "This ECIP proposes a solution to the Ethereum Classic Monetary Policy to adjust, with finality, the current emission schedule implementation of 14.0625ETC per block in perpetuity. The solution proposed introduces a theoretical upper bound on the maximum absolute number of ETC and introduces a method of degraded emission over time. In addition, this ECIP describes the requirements associated with maintaining this emission schedule through a potential change of the network’s consensus algorithm, from its current Ethash based Proof of Work to a possible POS or POW/POS hybrid model."
- Please see his full post from Github and reddit.
- Monetary policy discussions are still in progress on many platforms. However, most of the conversation seems to be taking place on Slack in the #monetary_policy channel.
- Please join us on Slack.
- For more information on community participation, please see this call to action post for guidance.
Every Tuesday at 7:30pm EST we will be discussing what's going on in the ETC community and beyond. This week's show (11-22-16) will feature a special guests from the ETC mining community. We will be discussing mining as well as other of blockchain centric topics. A link to the channel/show will be posted below, if you have ideas or questions please let us know. Thank you for subscribing to our latest updates and announcements!
"The Bare Basics Of Money And Monetary Policy With a Few Words From Satoshi Nakomoto."
Reddit user "bitp" has brought it to the communities attention that the "Ethereum Classic" Wikipedia link currently redirects to "Ethereum". ETC community member /u/FaceDeer was previously a Wikipedia editor and has provided some insight on what should be done moving forward. One of his recommendations is that we start the process by adding to the Ethereum Classic section that is currently on the Ethereum Wikipedia page. ETC can then be given its own page after volunteers have submitted enough info. Please see his full post in the reddit thread linked below.
- Twitter - 33,500 followers.
- Reddit /r/EthereumClassic - 2,838 subscribers.
- Slack - 1,467 users.
- Telegram - 786 users.
- WeChat - 476 users.
- Miners - 504.46 Total GH/s
Top 5 miners by average hashrate from the previous 7 days.
- 91pool 106.88 GH/s
- NanoPool 81.39 GH/s
- MiningPoolHub 64.08 GH/s
- F2pool 63.61 GH/s
- EtherMine 53.84 GH/s