ETC Newsletter : 2016-11-01 - 2016-11-08
2016/11/08 Carlo Vicari
Links To Our Community
ETC Development Report
Hi everyone, thank you for checking out this week's ETC newsletter! Here are some dev updates courtesy of Igor Artomonov aka Splix.
- EthCore has accepted our pull request for Bomb Delay (ECIP-1010). Therefore Parity is fully compatible with Geth for our January upgrade
- The team has been working hard on stabilizing all ETC related code.
- Dev @Elaine made good progress on fixing cpp-ethereum for ETC (removed DAO fork support and so on).
- Dev @Sianyu is working on JS components for ETC Dapps, a valuable basement for building our Wallet and other Dapps to replace current Mist UI.
- Dev @prophetdaniel has been working on Mist itself, trying to make a workable build process for ETC Mist.
- Also, @avempace joined our EtherJar project, which is Java ETC client prospective for use in Fintech development.
- Monetary policy discussions are still in progress on many platforms. However, most of the conversation seems to be taking place on the #monetary_policy channel on Slack.
- Please join us on Slack.
- For more information on community participation, please see this call to action post for guidance.
"Call To Action" : Help with ETC Wikipedia page.
Reddit user "bitp" has brought it to the communities attention that the "Ethereum Classic" Wikipedia link currently redirects to "Ethereum". ETC community member /u/FaceDeer was previously a Wikipedia editor and has provided some insight on what should be done moving forward. One of his recommendations is that we start the process by adding to the Ethereum Classic section that is currently on the Ethereum Wikipedia page. ETC can then be given its own page after volunteers have submitted enough info. Please see the full post on reddit.
"Let's Talk ETC" podcast/youtube show released: Let's Talk ETC episode 1. It will be a weekly show taking place every Tuesday at 7:30pm EST. Please subscribe to our channel for updates and announcements.
- Twitter - 33,500 followers.
- Reddit /r/EthereumClassic - 2,835 subscribers.
- Slack - 1,428 users.
- Telegram - 786 users.
- WeChat - 481 users.
- Miners - 407.37 Total GH/s
Top 5 miners by average hashrate from the previous 7 days:
- NanoPool 106.51 GH/s
- F2pool 67.86 GH/s
- 91pool 53.59 GH/s
- EtherMine 41.28 GH/s
- Coinotron 20.55 GH/s